Thursday 7 June 2012

Headaches and bad mood

I know the title is not really positive but just to let you know today I am actually doing ok, the past fews day I woke up with a headache and went to bed with an headache, It has been quite a nightmare, I also felt really tired all the time and every little thing was annoying me. Side effect of the Buserelin injections apparently.

On top of all that today was my first u/s to check my lining and my ovaries. They left me in the waiting room for so long I was going to ask them if I could leave I was so mad at them. (bad mood is another side effect of Buserelin). Finally the nurse called me in, she was the one the was looking after me when I had OHSS so she was delighted to see me. I was too nervous to even smile.

First she checked my lining and said it looked good. Yey! Then she went on my right ovary and found some fluid near it. I felt sick, oh no I thought, but then she went on saying it was ok, nothing to worry about. She also found a 10mm follicle probably leftover from IVF#1. Then she went on my left and I was really worried because for the past 2 days I had a pain in my right ovary but she said everything looked fine! Oh, what a relief!

So today I started my Estrofem and Aspirin and from tomorrow I will reduce the Buserelin from 0.5 to 0.3, hopefully that means less side effects.


I will go back next thursday for another u/s, the countdown has officially started. 19 days till my FET. I can't wait!!!

4 comments:

  1. i think you're right, everything will be super duper. hope your bad moods lift and the days until your FET fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I worried a lot during the other cycles but this time I'm staying positive and I am hoping that everything will go well!

      Delete
  2. Glad to here things are travelling along ok and on track for your transfer. Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meela, today I had another headache but it only lasted for an hour, now I have a weird feeling at the back of my throat, side effect? who knows, I hope it will be gone soon...

    ReplyDelete