Saturday 28 July 2012

Why being pregnant sucks

 WARNING! Hormonal post ahead:


Ok, so I remember when my partner was telling everybody that she wasn't herself because she was pregnant. I get it now. Everybody think that for a woman being pregnant is the most beautiful, romantic feeling ever. For me it's not. And I hope nobody will get offended reading this. I know how lucky I am, I am growing life inside me and it's a miracle and blah blah blah. But the truth is that I am sick. I feel sick and I know I won't feel any better tomorrow, or the following day. This sick feeling is going to stay until al least the end of August if I am lucky. Then I will probably write about how great I feel But in the meantime I am an angry, frustated and 10% version of my former happy self.

I go to the kitchen and cry. I spend all my time in bed. I shut down all friends and family because I cannot face life as I knew it. Because I am sick.

Sorry for this sour post but the truth needs to come out, being pregnant is tough, more than the overdose of hormons of the IVF stimulation and the sore ovaries, more than the Egg Retrieval especially if you have 24/7 morning sickness and you have to listen to Doctors and nurses telling you how there's nothing they can prescribe to make you feel better. But sure not eating or drinking enough cannot be good for my baby can it?




4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are feeling so sick! That really stinks. Hoping this passes quickly and you can enjoy this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awful. Hang in there. I hope time goes quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys. It has been two weeks now of constant nausea. I really hope I'll be strong enough. Sorry for being like this.

    ReplyDelete