Sunday 8 July 2012

It looks like I am PREGNANT!

I'm still in shock. I was hoping and praying for this so much that now that it is happening I feel like I am on another planet half of the time!

I went in for my beta yesterday as the happiest person on hearth, I told the nurse I did test earlier in the week and got a positive and she said that a positive hpt on 8dp5dt is pretty good. Yey! When I was leaving I met one of the nurses that was with me since my first cancelled IUI in September 2011, she knows me very well by now and she stopped and smile at me. I knew she knew straight away! She told me she was going to try to get the Lab to ring me back with the result ASAP. I love her.

Funny enough I missed the call. The nurse left a message, I listened to it and she said it was good news and that she would try to ring me later! Who ho! She did ring and told me my beta at 11dp5dt was 574! Holy shit! My first thought after 5 minutes of googleing was TWINS! OMG! We are delighted a bit scared I have to admit but we feel so lucky and if it is twins what do they say? double the fun! And if it is one it's still perfect! 

Now the symptoms. Not much to report, I feel quite tired and need to rest more often than usual, I yawn a lot but then at night I wake up, start thinking and cannot go back to sleep until it's time to get up. Uff... I am definitly eating more, enjoying my food and try to eat healthy stuff. No coffee, no coke and no alcohol. I had some kind of very very mild nausea but if I eat it goes away starght away.

So far so good, my wife and daughter are over the moon and kiss my belly whenever they can. I know it's still early stages, we keep saying 'if everything goes well...' I really hope it will, meanwhile I want yo enjoy every second of this miracle. (or miracles!)


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations again!! I think it sounds like twins as well :) Twins are GREAT!! I wouldn't trade it for the world. Lots of sleepless nights... but lots and lots of hugs and kisses too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome :). Can't wait to hear how the first sono goes and find out just how many are in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, we Will see, I still don't have a date for my first u/s! I can't wait...

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! this is wonderful! :)
    sending much love to you and your wife <3
    your beta is awesome!!
    xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria, your kinds words make me feel so good! Thanks for reading my blog. Love, v

      Delete
  5. my beta at 12pt3dt was 371 and I am pregnant with twins!!

    ReplyDelete