Tuesday 15 January 2013

31 weeks and why am I such an anxious person.

Hi, finally we starting to settle in our new apartment in Spain, we decided to move here for a while for different reasons one of them being the fact that we will be able to register my baby as both mine and Eva, like our daughter. In Ireland this would't be possible.

The move was far from easy and we are still waiting for all our staff to get here from Ireland. With my nesting instinct kicking in this is really hard. But we will get there. We still have two months (I hope ) before this baby arrives.

So I went for a scan last week just to check everything was ok, I am feeling great this days, no more sickness, no tiredness since I stopped working, all seemed really good. Well, it's not. 

The OB saw a pocket of fluid in one of the baby's kidney. Imagine me. I was in shock. She explain it can happen especially with boy and it might go away or if it doesn't we will have to keep him monitored after birth and he will have to take antibiotics and bla bla bla. It's not a bad thing but I am a worrier so. I really hope it will resolve itself.

Then she started measuring and she told me: OMG this baby has a huge had. I thought I could.t breath. I asked what did she mean and she said the DBP measured in the 90 percentile, 4 weeks ahead of the rest of the body. I was scared. She then said we don't know how big was the donor (I just know he was very tall) so he might have got the big head from him.

Anyway she said to go back in 2 weeks and to keep both things monitored. She didn't seem to worried but I work with people with disabilities and I worry a lot. It's my baby and at the anatomy scan I was told everything was ok, I wasn't certainly expecting to be told this.

So I went home and went into a Google craze. I found women with perfectly healthy babies with big heads but other things as well, I didn't sleep for a couple of nights. I was exhausted. Then I decided to try and stop worrying. This is my baby and I have to be positive and just pray that it will be fine, if it's not, I will worry then.

So now I feel so connected to him, I love him even more because I realize how important this little one is for me, for Eva and for Isabella. We are a family and that's the greatest thing that happen to me. I love them so much.

Sunday we went to the beach, it was beautiful. I really hope everything will be ok. Congratulations to all the BFPs and the new arrivals! It makes me so happy to read good news. And to those still waiting I'm sure the time will come! Baby dust to all!




3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog from another one I found! I am following a trail of awesome mamas to be and new mamas and loving every different story! I look forward to seeing your little one's arrival and following your journey from here!

    Stay off Google! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachael, thanks for stopping by. Google is my best friend and my worst enemy but I am doing ok. Now I am worrying about pushing a big head baby out of me but if he's healthy that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for being anxious, but don't worry, the whole thing is done and over with and you will have a little one in your arms!

    ReplyDelete